Whether visiting Australia on a work visa or tourist visa here a few bits and bobs to get you on your way:
For more details about work visastax numbers and bank accounts make sure you click the links or check out this website http://workingholiday.co there are also lots of jobs being advertised for backpackers too.
Unless you already hold an Australian or New Zealand passport you will need a visa no matter what the purpose of your visit is. For backpackers looking to work in Australia you will need a Working Holiday Visa. Working Holiday Visas for Australia are available to some nationalities, enabling you to live like an Aussie and work around Australia for up to 12 months. This can be extended to 24 months after completing 3 months harvest work.
Tax File Number - TFN
You will need a Tax File Number (TFN) to work legally in Australia. Visit www.ato.gov.au to apply.
Medicare may entitle you to free emergency treatment at public hospitals and necessary medical care from a doctor. Visit http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/dhs/medicare to see if you are eligible and how to apply.
Bank Accounts
When you start working, your wages will be paid into an Australian bank account which you need to set up. Just take your passport and some money to get started. You will be given an ATM card to access your money from ATMs and EFTPOS terminals around Australia.
Driving License
If you are planning on driving in Australia makes sure your driver's licence is up to date and have it translated in to English if it isn't already.
Your Mail
Australia Post Office stores are open Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm to collect and send mail, for more info visit www.auspost.com.au. Some hostels provide mailholding and forwarding services.
SIM Card
When purchasing a MAD card you receive a FREE prepaid Optus Sim card -Top up with a Turbo Cap to receive AU$50 bonus.
Tax Returns
While working in Australia, you’ll pay about 29% income tax on your earnings. Taxback.com customers get an average Australia tax refund of $2500.The Australian Tax year starts on the 1st July and runs until the 30th June each year. After the 1st July you will need to lodge your Tax Return. For more info check out www.taxback.com.au
Regardless of your previous experience, some jobs in NSW and VIC require you to be certified before you can even start work:
  • Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) – You will need an RSA certificate if you intend to work anywhere that sells, serves or supplies alcohol in NSW and VIC. An RSA course takes 1 day.
  • Responsible Conduct of Gambling (RCG) – An RCG Certificate is required not just to work in a casino, but also to work in most pubs and clubs as many have in-house gambling facilities. An RCG course takes 1 day.
  • OH&S Construction (Green Card) – If you plan to work on a building site then you will need a Green Card certificate. A Green Card course takes 1 day to complete.
Embassy and Consulates
Most Embassies and Commissions are based in Sydney and Canberra. The contact number for your embassy can be located at: www.dfat.gov.au/embassies.html
Enjoy Yourself
With so much to see and do in this awesome country, make the most of your time and enjoy everything Australia would like to show you.
To make arrival into Australia easy why not check out some of the Work Arrival packages. Packages include accommodation, help with setting up bank accounts, TFN numbers, CV writing, job search and even Sim cards.

Post a Comment

Author Name

Biểu mẫu liên hệ


Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.